Mac mini as media centre issue

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Ben1l, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Ben1l macrumors regular

Hi

I've just bought a Mac Mini and am planning to run it as a media centre. I'm connecting it up to a 2 year old Samsung LCD TV(40 inch, Model No-LE40N87). Video is looking fantastic (connected via Mini DVI to DVI converter then DVI to HDMI cable.

My issue is that I can not get audio to play through the TV. I am connecting audio via the audio out (3.5mm jack) on the Mini to the "PC in" connection on the TV.

But I don't know how to tell the TV to take video from HDMI and audio from the 3.5mm jack.

Any suggestions ?
    Please!

2. KoolStar macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

When using HDMI to go from the mini to the tv, the tv has to be in HDMI mode, therefore the input for the pc in will not work. The only option is to use a separate sound system with HDMI, or use the pc input on the tv to get audio and video to the tv.

3. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

The back of the TV should have sections labelled with their respective inputs. Like HDMI1, HDMI2, RGB, Component etc. Each section has a box so you know which plugs correspond to that input.

For example, this Bravia (found via google image) has these sections labelled. Below the 'HDMI in' there is the red/white audio input, thats where you should be plugging in your audio in.[​IMG]

4. Ben1l thread starter macrumors regular

These are my ports. I've been connecting to hdmi 1 and 2, and tried putting the audio jack into "Audio" and "service" neither works.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Attached Files:

5. jzuena macrumors 6502a

jzuena

Based on this diagram, i think you need to use HDMI #2 and sound through the RCA jacks marked "DVI IN (HDMI2)". The Audio jack goes with the PC IN.

6. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

+1