Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jankm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2005
I've had my Mac Mini for just over a month now and can't seem to figure out how to fix this problem.

I have my 2.1 Altec Lansing speakers plugged into the headphone jack on the back of the Mini. I also have a Logitech USB headset.

Most audio plays back fine through my speakers but a few things only play through the headphones of the headset. So far I've found the problem when using Windows Media Player and in all browsers (I've tried Firefox, Camino, and Safari) when Flash plays any sort of sound.

numediaman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2004
Chicago (by way of SF)
I wouldn't be surprised if it is a USB port issue. I bought a gen a mini and had tremendous port issues until I configured it in way that worked for me.

A question: where are you plugging in the headphones? Directly into one of the USB ports, or into the keyboard or a hub?

jankm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2005
numediaman said:
A question: where are you plugging in the headphones? Directly into one of the USB ports, or into the keyboard or a hub?

I have the headset plugged into a USB hub. Its a D-Link 4port usb/2port firewire hub.

If I unplug the headset I just get no sound when playing anything that was only working through the headset.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.