Mac Mini, Bluetooth Keyboard & Mouse and Boot Camp

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by creiss, May 7, 2009.

1. creiss macrumors newbie

Hey all!

I just bough a Mac Mini for my living room with a bluetooth keyboard and mouse (Apple stuff). I use the Mini for OSX and Boot Camp (XP 32 Bit). The problem is that I can not use the KB and Mouse for both OS, seems like a pairing problem. But I heard rumors about a walkaround.

I am struggling with this problem since wednesday.

Could anyone please help me / point me to the right directions / crush my hopes ?

Thank you in advance!
    -Chris.

2. MVApple macrumors 6502a

Hey, I have a wireless keyboard and mouse paired with a MBP. Under Windows Vista things work perfectly. As far as I can tell, the keyboard connects without me doing anything. The mouse only connects after clicking once, no big deal. Also, the keyboard and mouse will only connect after bluetooth has started up. It may seem obvious, but if you are being impatient you might wonder why its not working. Give it a bit of time for Windows to get everything up and running.

Other than that, I just connected my keyboard and mouse as regular bluetooth devices.

Again, I'm on Vista, so sorry if this doesn't help you with XP.

3. Hot Snowboarder macrumors 6502

Unpair your keyboard and mouse from OS X. Then restart into bootcamp partition. Set up the KB and M through the windows 'add device' thingy.

It will work.

Then restart back into OS X and repair your KB and M.

Now they'll work perfectly for both OS. The key step is unpairing from OSX before adding in windows.

4. creiss thread starter macrumors newbie

Well,

I advanced my progress a little.
    So far I was able to pair both devices to OSX and XP. The clue was to unpair under OSX, repair under XP then attaching under OSX again. Voila.

Problem now: The mouse is paired and shown as connected, but I cant use it. Seems not driver is attached. Anyone? :)

-Chris.

5. spiffyb macrumors newbie

You need to input a passkey: Use the passkey "0000"
    This link should help : http://www.ehow.com/how_4516007_pair-apples-mighty-mouse-windows.html

The link is for the Mighty Mouse, but the pairing process is similar for all mice.