Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sscoolio

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2009
Murfreesboro, TN
not quite sure if im postin g this in the right place but i am trying to find a casemodding service for my mac mini.
I'm gettin one soon and I was wondering where to get the guts put in to one of these: "MACALLY 3.5" SATA HDD USB2+FIREWIRE 400 1394A ENCLOSURE" (http://cgi.ebay.com/MACALLY-3-5-SAT...=66:4|65:15|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:1|294:200)
I'm pretty sure this has been done before and I don't have the equipment and know-how to get the job done myself. any help?:confused: thx!

robotartfashion

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
unfortunately, while it has been done I don't think there's a service for it, I just think some enterprising people have done it for fun

if you do enough googling you may find the people who have done case mods (such as the transplant of a mini into a g4 cube case) and email them to ask them if they would do it for you for a price, but i doubt it

otherwise, i would just get a mini and the enclosure, a dremel and get to work experimenting :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.