Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marknicholls

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2004
Bristol, England
I have just ordered my mac mini :)

Is it possible for me to atattch my current surround sound kit to it? so i can use it as a DVD player? also, what cables will i need to attatch it to my TV?

Many Thanks

Peyote

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2002
marknicholls said:
I have just ordered my mac mini :)

Is it possible for me to atattch my current surround sound kit to it? so i can use it as a DVD player? also, what cables will i need to attatch it to my TV?

Many Thanks

You will actually need a device that connects from your USB or FW port to your stereo via whatever connection you use anyway. I.E. a FW or USB to optical Cox, etc converter.

just figure out what surround sound connection you use on your stereo, and google for a Firewire to whatever-you-have converter that works with OSX.

M-Audio makes a couple of products, but I havne't heard the greatest reviews about them.

For your TV, it depends entirely on your TV connection. There are DVI to Component adapters such as this one:

http://www.trianglecables.com/dvi-hdtv200.html

It depends entirely on your setup, and without much information, it's hard to make a recommendation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.