Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LorenK

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
Illinois
On one of those stranger than fiction timing coincidences, slightly less than a year after my Mac Mini purchase, my monitor flashed a shutdown message, and after complying, my mini refused to reboot, sounding a three tone death knell and three flashing lights. Brought it in to Apple, and it is now it's up for a second logic board replacement and a bluetooth replacement as well. What is clear is how useless diagnostics can be when the machine can't even boot.

I suppose that I could be upset that it failed in less than a year, but Apple is taking care of it (and I fortunately bought Apple Care, but if the fail happened a few days later and I hadn't done so, I would have been toast). The reason for writing is merely to note the coincidence of the crash so close to its one year anniversay, and to be thankful both on the timing and my willingness for once not to go cheap on the insurance. I have done the same with my iPhones, my daughter has been fighting problems on hers for the last couple of months, but I attribute that to overuse.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.