Mac mini display problems

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by mexdeaf, Jan 2, 2010.

1. mexdeaf macrumors newbie

Trying to hook up an early 2009 Mini to my Kogi L7EH-TA monitor. When I turn the Mini on it turns off the monitor. Monitor works fine with my MacBook (2007 model).

Do I have to go and buy a new monitor?

Thanks!

2. Undo Redo macrumors 6502

Looks like a purely analog monitor. I don't believe the 2009 minis support analog equipment. However, I'd wait for someone else's confirmation on this. I don't have an old CRT to test with.

3. fa8362 macrumors 65816

I use mine sometimes with an analog HP monitor. Works fine.

4. Undo Redo macrumors 6502

Hmm, guess I'm wrong then. I thought I had seen discussions about problems with the 2009 Mac minis and VGA projectors, monitors, etc. :confused:

5. fa8362 macrumors 65816

You might have seen those threads, but that doesn't mean much. Many problems are user error and have nothing to do with the equipment, beyond people not setting it correctly.

6. mexdeaf thread starter macrumors newbie

Update

I "borrowed" a newer LCD from my employer and hooked it up and it ran fine with that. From my research, it appears that some newer analog monitors will work, it has something to do with the signals between the monitor and the computer. At least that is what some people attest to.

So today I went shopping and scored a nice Dell LCD at a good price. All is well in Macworld once again.

Thanks for your help!

7. Undo Redo macrumors 6502

Way to go. It'll probably make a world of difference in your enjoyment.