Mac Mini doesn't take airport cards!?

bosrs1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2005
Nice of Apple to let us know ahead of time that the Mac Mini does not take a normal airport card but rather a mezzanine card that NONE of the stores have gotten in yet.

bosrs1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2005
kingjr3 said:
Edit: I guess you could interpret not user-installable as available.
I suppose that's one way of looking at it. LOL

Then again that little blurb would lead me or anyone else I know to assume it takes a normal APExtreme card like the rest of the product line.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
kingjr3 said:
Edit: I guess you could interpret not user-installable as available.
it does say AirPort Extreme Card, but it also says that it is not user-installable, and that an authorized installation has to be done, so it is no surprise that you cannot get the card right now

bosrs1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2005
PlaceofDis said:
it does say AirPort Extreme Card, but it also says that it is not user-installable, and that an authorized installation has to be done, so it is no surprise that you cannot get the card right now
Still it is misleading. Not to mention annoying for those of us that don't care to pay 50 bucks to do a simple install. Though apparently even genii at Apple stores can't do it as of yet.

appleguy

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2002
Auckland, NZ
Just got an airport extreme Card in my Mac mini although I did already have the Mezzaine card already as I had the Bluetooth Module as a Custom Build.
Works like a Charm (gets a better signal than my eMac.)
Also runs so sweet with 1GB of RAM

bosrs1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2005
appleguy said:
Just got an airport extreme Card in my Mac mini although I did already have the Mezzaine card already as I had the Bluetooth Module as a Custom Build.
Works like a Charm (gets a better signal than my eMac.)
Also runs so sweet with 1GB of RAM
I'm starting to wish I had direct ordered mine... but I've had so much trouble with BTOs in the past.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.