Mac Mini drives car all done via palm pilot.

MacTruck

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
One Endless Loop
Ok, now I have seen Pierce Brosnan control a BMW via a palm pilot in "James Bond" and a Chevy Suburban in "After Sunset". Yeah its fake BUT...

If you put a mac mini in your car and you have bluetooth and/or Airport I am sure it can be plugged up somehow to control the car. Cars have electric start and cruise control so it is possible. Now for apple to come out with a new Newton that looks like the ipod with a huge screen for the control interface. Going in the garage to build it now. I want to be able to drive my car to the gas station from my couch and get its own damn gas, and pay for it too. HA HA. :p

MacTruck

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
One Endless Loop
I could mount a bullhorn under the hood and plug it in to the headphone jack on the mini and via the palm I could be like "uhum filler up buddy." I could just stick a 20 dollar bill under the windshield wiper for the dude. Yeah that would work.

skubish

macrumors 68030
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Steering and brakes are still mechanical/hydraulic with electronic assist. You might find a few models that are all brake by wire but no steer by wire cars exist.

You could always ask David to sell his car.

MacTruck

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
One Endless Loop
skubish said:
Steering and brakes are still mechanical/hydraulic with electronic assist. You might find a few models that are all brake by wire but no steer by wire cars exist.

No problem. Remove steering wheel, mount garage door opener motor and remote circuit to steering column, now via 1 button I can turn left or right. NICE!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.