Mac Mini + DVI Splitter

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Matthew Yohe, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

I should've known this would probably cause problems...

So, I have a Mac Mini with an adapter plugged into it: A DVI-I to 2 other ports, DVI-D and, VGA. (Click here for a picture and specs)

The Mac Mini only will allow one signal (digital or analog) to be transmitted at a time. If I plug in the DVI plug from my Cinema Display, that turns on, if I plug in a VGA then the VGA monitor turns on but the Cinema Display turns off.

Is there any terminal hack or workaround that I can use to force the Mini to send out both analog and digital signals out its DVI-I port?

(Note: I know I cannot do spanned displays, I only want to mirror. This will be setup in a projector setting.)

2. MacBass macrumors 6502

MacBass

I know that there are VGA splitters available, granted you would have to have 2 VGA signals, but there may even be DVI splitters too. Maybe try searching for powered splitters.

3. codymc macrumors newbie

As far as I know i can only output one signial (either the analog or digital at a time).

My question is -- is there an easy way to make it switch between the two (rather than plugging in and unplugging/restarting)

4. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

5. emersonfxbx macrumors newbie

Possible Solution

Hi,
    I think I have a solution for your problem:

http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/emerson_freitas/macosx/dualhead4macmini.zip

If it work for you, let me know.

6. fbc21ca macrumors newbie