Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick T.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
SoCal
After spending two whole years playing with my pretty little Mac mini, I find that I just cannot break my lifelong Windoze habits. Now that it comes time for us to part, I have no idea what would be a fair asking price.

Here’s what I’ve got:

Macmini 1.1 with 1.6GHz Core Duo, 2 GB RAM. 120 GB HD, OSX 10.5.4

Bluetooth aluminum keyboard and Mighty mouse

Standard USB keyboard and Mighty mouse

Newer Technologies miniStack V2 - 320 GB external HD

Belkin Firewire?USB hub (matches the mini and miniStack footprint)

Paid for and legal software including Office 2004, iWork ‘06, Toast 7, MacDrive, Parallels Desktop

NEC 18” flatscreen CRT– beautiful when excellent color is required

All of the original mini packaging, CDs, and literature

I’ve gotten two good years of learning and enjoyment from this system and I certainly don’t want to be an unfair seller. What do you think I should ask for on CraigsList?

The whole kit-n-kaboodle goes as a single package. Located in SoCal.

Thanks for your input,
-Nick T.

Boss250

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2008
I'm using a single 800mhz G4 right now so you might say I can't talk but I've been eyeing the mac mini and now I'm set on one it due to Amazons new financing deal on it (No pay not int 12mo.!) I'm defiantly getting a mini so I have been looking around at all the different minis and everyone already thinks the 1.83C2D is outdated and slow that is $600 new so unfortunately I think that plummets the price of your slower, older mini although you do have all the upgrades but for me I just want the best price that I can find on the box especially when it comes to buying used, the software and hardware extras are nice but you dont need it to make it a mini, the bottom line price but preforming consumer mac. I even think that'd you'd make more selling the mini for around $350-$450 and just seeing what you can get from your friends for some legit software and misc. accessories and you might end up getting a bigger percentage of your investment. Also how does making this a sticky or a go-to thread for prices on used macs sound? both for sellers and buyers because I am in the same spot with my old G4(I know, Its not worth anything)I just dont know how much I can get out of it.

Boss250

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2008
Moajve? I know thats like a cool version of vista or something like an experiment by msft, but I dont know much else, could someone explain that to me I'm pretty much clueless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.