Mac Mini for $450

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by kmarketing, Jun 1, 2007.

1. kmarketing macrumors 6502

Hi,

Just wondering if you think $450 is a decent price for a intel mac mini duo 1.66/80gb/Superdrive.

It looks like I have a buyer for the pismo at roughly the same price (actually, I'll make a couple of bucks, and get to keep the 100gb hard drive). So sadly, once again I'll be leaving the pismo, but will be using the mbp more as a laptop now. So I have to get something for the wife to use (she was the main user of the mbp).

I appreciate all your opinions, as usual!
    Thanks!

2. kmarketing thread starter macrumors 6502

UPDATE:

I got anxious, and couldn't wait for a response, and went ahead with buying the mac mini. But it worked out better than I thought. I bought it for $375 with a keyboard and mouse. I think it was a good deal, now I'll have to spend some time setting everything up.

Sold the pismo :( so It's mac intels for good now!

3. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

I would say you did very well, especially if any applecare on it.

4. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

I think you did great! Fantastic price on a great mini!

5. Frankf300 macrumors regular

Frankf300

I agree, I think you did very well. Especially getting it down another $75. People still pay that much for a G4 Mini. Good luck with it and enjoy!

6. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

7. kmarketing thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi,

Thanks for the confirmation! I was concerned at first with new macs right around the corner, but I think this should hold us (especially my wife) over for a while. I also got 2x1gb memory chips for $25 each, so I'll be able to get 2gb memory into the mac mini.

Will upgrading the memory void its warranty (it still has about 100 days left)?

Otherwise, I think it's a decent investment and the total cost us less than what I sold my pismo for. But I do miss the pismo :(

Thanks!

8. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

upgrading RAM doesn't void warranty, but taking apart a Mini is a pain in the butt if you haven't done it before. find a good tutorial online and use something plastic, like a putty knife.

you got a fantastic deal. i'd love to get a CoreDuo Mini w/ 2GB ram for $425, that's a great price.

9. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

Wow. I sold one with 2GB for $800 not too long ago :)

10. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Pretty impressive to trade a pismo for a CD mini!