Mac Mini G4 1.42ghz Graphics Texture Problem

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Carbongrip, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Carbongrip macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, just got my Mac Mini G4 1.42ghz with 32mb vram and 1gb ram running os x leopard 10.5.8. It's working great and got it so I can build PowerPC apps in Xcode and play old PPC games(low end). Works fine, however I get a very strange glitch. When I launch any application that textures terrain I get like white hills. For example, game that ran fine on a iMac g4 800mhz 1gb ram 32mb vram doesn't show terrain but rather white terrain. This is Railroad tycoon 3, why is it doing this? Is it because of the 23 apple cinema display or is there a way to force a new install of gpu drivers? I will post a pic of this glitch later.

2. MrPilot macrumors 6502

maybe running out of vram on the gfx card? If the textures are not loading then it could be that. Also a corrupt installation or hd could cause texture files not to load. Lastly, there might be problems with gfx driver compatibility

3. Gamer9430 macrumors 68020

Gamer9430

I know for a fact that Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 has a bug in the Mac port that makes everything have a white glow when it is night time. I think they had a patch, but I can't find it anywhere...