Mac Mini graphic card driver update?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by nobopyon, Aug 9, 2012.

1. nobopyon macrumors newbie

Hi, I recently purchased Playstation 3D Display (1080P) to hook up with my Mac mini (OS10.5.8, 2ghz core 2 duo, memory, GMA950 graphic card).

This display shows rich color and contrast with PS3, however, it looks kind of washed out with my Mac Mini. (using DVI-HDMI cable to connect them).

Initially, text/font are all fuzzy/blury but on second day, somehow it seemed fixed... even though i didn't do anything to it....
    However, it still looks washed out color wise... (I did try to adjust limited display's setting of brightness and contrast and such, but with no help)

I did some googling, and saw several people had similar issue but it got fixed by updating their graphic card.

Unfortunately, he/she isn't using mac mini.

I'm wondering is there a way to see if there is update for my graphic card, and if it's possible to update?

I ran software update, and of course, they are up-to-date.

Any help/suggesting will be appreciated!

2. AtomicGrog macrumors regular

Have you tried changing the colour temperature range? That's how I've changed this kind of thing in the past.

There's quite a few threads on it on the apple forums and a 3rd party app or two available for direct changes (sorry no links - not sure if I should be linking 3rd party apps on this forum...)

3. nobopyon thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, thanks for yoru respond....

and Yes, I did try to change the picture setting on TV side... it helped a bit, but not much...

Also, thank you, I will look into more on this forum about driver upgrade.

I am not tech savy, some of them I have read is beyond me...