Mac mini heat problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Crash412, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Crash412 macrumors newbie

Hello , I just got a mac mini with the wireless keyboard and mouse and love it , the problem though is that the mini is putting off some major heat and there's no fan running as far as I can hear. I was wondering if this was something to worry about and if so is there some way to turn up the fan's rpm and if any of you guys had any idea as to what is causing the problem.

2. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Dont bother finding out whats wrong, send it back to Apple and say its broken and you dont want it anymore. Apple is releasing a brand new MacMini today with way way upgraded specs! and some people think it will be even cheaper! Theres something called Macworld where Apple releases most of its new products every year, and its happening this week, and most people on this forum will agree there is a new Mac Mini coming out today.

3. Trip.Tucker Guest

My first question would be, how do you know it is putting out a lot of heat? If you are curious about internal temps or want to run the fan speed up, grab a copy of smcFanControl. It will show you the operating temperature and allow you to speed up the fan. Link

4. Crash412 thread starter macrumors newbie

I went to plug in a flash drive and felt hot air coming from the vents. Though thanks for the advice and I'll try that and see what the temps are.