mac mini holder

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by Apple Corps, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Apple Corps macrumors 68030

A week or so ago I was browsing late at night and remember seeing some shelf like device that attached to the aluminum upright on the 20" ACD and would hold a mini. It was NOT a VESA mount.

Does this ring a bell with anyone ??

2. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

I think this is what you're thinking of, but I don't think it's big enough for a mini:

Twelve South: BackPack

3. Baby Mac macrumors regular

Baby Mac

I think there was some guy who made his own :rolleyes:

Are you out there? :p

4. Apple Corps thread starter macrumors 68030

Thanks much - that is what I was looking for. I agree that it looks too small to hold a mini though. We are needing a replacement computer setup for our breakfast bar - the tangle of cables / power bricks for the mini and monitor are too cluttering.

We have been using the Lampshade G4 - very clean - nice matte screen - but running out of processing juice :(

There are some stands that would allow you to put the mini and power bricks / cables under the monitor - but I'm probably fighting a losing battle with jury rigging the set-up.

Time for a new iMac.....

5. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

I know what you mean about the G4 iMac, I'm long overdue for an upgrade and can't commit to Apple's offerings in my price range.

So far as I know there aren't any accessories for the new unibody Mac mini yet, but maybe something here would prove workable:

123macmini.com: Stands and Mounts

FYI: The unibody Mac mini now has a built in power supply, so it would eliminate the power brick clutter, but it's also about an inch wider and an inch deeper but shorter in height.

6. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

OWC has a few Mini mounts, but none like you were describing. They have the aluminum models that you can put under your monitor, a plastic one that will stand the Mini vertically, and one to mount it under a desk. They do even have a VESA mount.

Check out some of the mounts here.

The stands can be found here.

7. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999