Mac mini i7 late 2012 crashing on login screen

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by millar876, Feb 19, 2015.

1. millar876 macrumors 6502a

millar876

My Mac mini (quad 2.5 i7) is freezing on the user login screen. That's not the weirdest part. It's set to automatically log in. I've set the mini up as a plex server and recently it's started going funny. It'll work immediately after startup and then I'll go do other things and when I go to use plex on my anything (smart TV, iPad, iPhone, Xbox, PS4 local or remote) it won't respond and when I get back to my Mac it's on the login screen and no matter what I do it just hangs. Enter password, hangs, hit restart, hangs. I've got it set to automatically log in. I've got it hooked up to my A/V receiver via HDMI cable, and the receiver is connected to the TV via HDMI. I'm running the latest builds of Mavericks and plex media server (with plex pass). I've tried verifying and repairing permissions and the disk from the recovery partition.

Anyone got any clues?

2. Negritude macrumors 6502

Sounds like a problem kext or other system level software. What have you got installed on the machine other than Plex? Any third-party drivers of any kind?