Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TylerNZ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
Hi people ... I'm hoping someone can help me solve an issue between my mac mini and my LCD. I'm connecting via DVI and the output has major issues. Green and red static - you can BARELY make out what is being displayed.

I know there's been a lot of issues reported with the mac mini's display ... but can anyone help my find a solution?

Is it the mini? My monitor? I've connected my PC via DVI and it works perfectly.
Haven't tried the mini via VGA yet.

Thanks for your help!

TylerNZ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
Dell 2001FP (the one mentioned in my subject line) ;)
I'm using the cable that came with the monitor - I've been using the cable and monitor with my PC and it runs fine.

???

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Are you sure you are not trying to drive the screen at a resolution it cannot handle? Have you tried hot plugging it (plugging it in while the computer and monitor are both on)?

TylerNZ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
Yeh, I the mini automatically set the resolution to 1600x1200 ... when I managed to get in, I tried changing it lower and it made a SLIGHT difference. I also tried playing with the frequency - that didn't do anything either.

The settings on the mini are exactly the same as on my PC.

And yep, tried the cable plugging while both were turned on. Same thing.

mterlouw

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2006
I have the same problem. It gets really, really bad if the monitor is put to sleep and then gets reawakened, so I set it never to sleep. The problems still persist. I have a Dell 2005FPW connected via DVI. Never had any problems with the monitor until I hooked it up to the Mac Mini.

notkevin

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2003
I have the same model Mini and a Dell 2001FP LCD and I have never had any problems with it. Works fine at 1600x1200 resolution.

Lil Red

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2006
Carguy172 said:
Dell monitors are only compatible with pc's thats why it only works on a pc
where did you get that information? There is no way that is true, they don't have a different sort of DVI for PCs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.