Mac Mini Interconnect Board

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by Matsta, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Matsta macrumors newbie

Hi guys.
    So about 2 months ago we brought 2 Mac minis (1.83ghz C2D's). We took them both apart and put and extra 512mb of RAM in both and I put a 320gb HD in one of them. Anyway when I replacing the Hard Drive I accidently pressed down to hard and the audio cable connector on the interconnect board broke.

We super glued it back on but the Mini still can't detect any audio devices. So I'm a bit stuck at the moment.

I've been looking on ebay and trademe (I live in NZ) for broken boxes but no luck. I've seen they selling the part on Mac-Pro.com for $40, so is that the best way to go? And is that a good place to buy from? I don't know much about where to buy Mac spares.

I'm also guessing the interconnect board on the Core Duo's and the Core 2's are the same since their both SATA.

So could you guys please help me out :)

2. js81 macrumors 65816

js81

Probably too late for this (since its been 7 months), but I did the same thing to my Mini. I bought a USB sound card from www.buyextras.com for $14.90 shipped and all. It has worked perfectly since, though I would still like to fix the internal. All I've done, though, is make a goopy mess with glue (cleaned it up, though :)), so I guess the USB will do. Here's the link to the one that I bought (look's like the price has gone up a couple bucks, though):

http://www.buyextras.com/asusbstausoa.html

3. nickcliborne macrumors regular

I just broke one of those working on my mini. The G4 mini also had the same interconnect board.