Mac Mini/iPhoto/Mobile ME

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by PDACPA, Nov 4, 2010.

1. PDACPA macrumors regular

PDACPA

I have a Mac Mini with iphoto and Mobile Me. I have a large group of pictures in Mobile Me Galleries. I typically upload the photos to MM from my iphone.

My problem is my hard drive keeps filling up on my Mac Mini.

I think the problem is related to the Mobile Me Galleries. When I open iPhoto, it shows all my Mobile Me Galleries on the left side. I have been in the settings and turned off any sync with iphoto and MM.

However, they still show up and I think the Mac Mini or iPhoto is copying everything I upload to MM and saving it on the hard drive.

I tested by deleting one of the MM galleries while in iPhoto and it deleted the online MM gallery. So I do not want to lose my photos that are in MM, but have no idea how to un-link or un-sync the Mini from MM.

Can someone give me and idea of where to look or how to keep from filling the Mac Mini?

Thanks

2. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

If sync is turned off, I believe that it might be because iPhoto connects to Mobile Me and lists both sorts of galleries (Its also incredibly unlikely it will fill up your mini, For instance my MacBook has a tiny 120GB HDD and it has stacks of space for my photos and even iMovie files (even if I do keep most of my movies on my Mac Pro these days.)

3. PDACPA thread starter macrumors regular

PDACPA

I have like 15gig on MM (might have to buy more space if I want to keep them all there), so I have alot of photos.

What I think I want to do is to not even let iphoto show MM and see what happens.

I went and deleted duplicates and was able to get 1 gig free on the mini and it is already back down to like 600 mg free

I have only ilife installed. No other programs other than the mac os