Mac Mini late 2012 no power fan not spinning. Nothing.

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by dikemee11, Mar 6, 2014.

1. dikemee11 macrumors newbie

Well, not nothing. If I tear apart the whole machine, disconnect the power supply from the logic board and put the machine back together. The mini boots up with out me pressing the power button the fan will spin and run. There is no boot up sound. It ran for 45 minutes once, and roughly 15 another time.

I have tried an SMC reset, re-seating literally everything multiple times. Is there any chance it is the power supply? I know it is likely the logic board, but was curious if anybody has had any similar experiences, and or advice. It was working fine last night, and today this!

Thanks in advance!:)

2. blanka macrumors 68000

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Apple's job, probably the Logic Board or the PSU or maybe both. Get it to Apple for a repair replacement.

4. dikemee11 thread starter macrumors newbie

Can I?

The issue is I have added a second hard drive, and taken it apart multiple times. Will Apple still service it under warranty?

5. chrfr macrumors 603

Apple will probably discover that you've damaged something on the board. I'd start by restoring it to original configuration and letting them check it out.

6. jlus3, Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  7. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

As long as you did not break anything it should be fine. Also, many Apple authorized service centers will perform warranty work without question.

Cheers,