mac mini + LG LCD + front row = ..power-save mode??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Poff, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Poff macrumors 65816

Poff

Anyone else been having this problem? I just bought my mother a new Mac Mini, and it arrived a couple of days ago. Whenever I activate front-row, if I try to start playing music, display pictures or something, after about 5-10 seconds the display enters power-save mode. Whenever I click the menu-button on the remote to go back, the display turns on again. It's an LG-display, L19WT or something like that. Connected with DVI.

Anyone else been having this problem? I'm thinking I might try to connect the display with a VGA-cable to see if it helps, but I would really want to use DVI.

Also, how does power-save mode work? Does the Mac-Mini send some kind of code to the display, or is it just the display deciding it should enter power-save mode?

Thanks for answering. I really hope we'll find out of this.

Thanks.

2. kjeldm macrumors newbie

LG TV with mac-mini

any luck hooking the LG TV up to the mac-mini without it going into DPM mode? i have the same issues and cant seem to find a solution.

3. Poff thread starter macrumors 65816

Poff

Question: does this only concern LG? If that's the case, we might have to return the monitor for another brand.

Thanks for answering.

4. krissvl macrumors member

Have you tried all the standard things like Preferences - Power Mode and then change the display to always on?

5. Poff thread starter macrumors 65816

Poff

Well.. problem is I couldn't find such a setting on the monitor.. :(