Mac mini & MacBook Pro set up

alricmulled

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 19, 2019
I'm looking for some help with my Mac stream line set up. I'm a professional photographer working from home if this helps at all.. I currently use a MacBook Pro for the majority of my work and I used to have a 27in iMac for use at home. However the desk space was taking up too much room. So I sold the iMac and just received a Mac mini.

My thoughts were that I would pop my NAS drive in a drawer hooked up to the Mac mini and I'd basically remote in to the Mac mini and used it for bulk processing etc. However it seems like I need an actual screen for the Mac mini - which was the whole reason I got rid of my iMac. I can't just have it sitting in a drawer and use it remotely it seems. I had it hooked up to my tv to set it up which was fine. But the guy at the Apple Store I spoke to mentioned a little 5" screen so I can access the Mac mini if I needed to - which I bought. But now when I screen share with it, the size of the screen on my MacBook Pro matches the size of the 5in screen, which I guess makes sense.

I'm not 100% sure where I'm going with this but I've kinda hit a brick wall with the set up. I really don't want a screen for the Mac mini and I was really hoping I'd just use my MacBook Pro as the screen.

Can any one shed some light on my set up where I might not be able to see?

Ploki

macrumors 68040
Jan 21, 2008
if you enable auto login and disable encryption, i dont know why you couldn't use them screenless. I mean, they advertise them as screenless...