Mac Mini mid 2009 HDMI output stopped working

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by yzh, Feb 28, 2011.

1. yzh macrumors newbie

I have a Mac Mini mid-2009 model, and I bought a Mini-display port to HDMI adapter to hook it up to my LED TV. I have used it over more than a year with XBMC with no problem.

Now, yesterday I unplugged the Mini-Display to HDMI adapter from my Mini because I needed the adapter for a presentation on my Macbook Pro.

Now when I returned home and plugged everything back as it original was, the HDMI output stopped working! TV says No Signal. I checked with different HDMI inputs on my TV. none worked.

I hook up my Macbook Pro with the cable and it works.. So is my Mac Mini suddenly broken!?

2. jdryyz macrumors regular

jdryyz

My first suggestion is to get a hold of a mini DVI to HDMI adapter and see if that port is affected as well.

If that doesn't work, try booting from your boot disc and or/resetting your PRAM.

Now that I think more about it, I do not even know how valuable resetting the PRAM is anymore these days. It doesn't have the same impact it used to.

3. yzh thread starter macrumors newbie

The problem seemed to be the Adapter, by wiggling the HDMI cable or trying different angles of the HDMI cable made me get back video output.

Guess I have to get a new adapter. :)