Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jake4612

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2015
Even though sort of old, This mac has some serious power behind it.

I was buying GTA for PC as that is what most of my friends were doing. I thought why not use the mini? I guess it's slightly more powerful than my other computers. Anyways, I put a 256GB SSD in it along with 16GB of ram (Max for this model). Next installed bootcamp with as much partition space as possible.

After I got GTA V I expected a LOT of lag. I mean like 1-10 FPS. I have the 2.5GHz model with a AMD Radeon 6630M 256 GDDR5 VRAM. All I could say was "Wow". The machine handles it at around 15-30FPS and never overheats. I used Saphire Trixx to overclock my GPU and got a little more juice out of it.

GTA V is suppose to be a highly demanding game in terms of system resources. But the fact that this Max Mini has handled it so well is amazing. I made this post so that I could alert everyone else to the fact that if you have a computer that you think can't run it, there might be a chance it actually can. Anyways good luck with your computers!!

itsOver9000

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2013
B.F., KS
All I could say was "Wow". The machine handles it at around 15-30FPS and never overheats.

But the fact that this Max Mini has handled it so well is amazing.

I wouldn't call 15+ fps "handling it very well" but if you're happy with the performance, game on.

Synchro3

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
You can play it with much more FPS at higher resolutions if you connect an eGPU to the Mini.

However, for GTA V I recommend a quad core CPU.

jake4612

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2015
"Could"

Bit to expensive for me. I'd rather save up for a better computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.