Mac Mini Networking Question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Afro1989, Jan 17, 2006.

  1. Afro1989 macrumors 6502a

    Dec 16, 2005
    Hello. I have a PC and am about to buy a Mac Mini also. They both need to be plugged into my router. Is the built-in 10/100BASE-T Ethernet which is built into the Mac Mini what I need to be able to plug into my router?

    Also, does the cable come with the Mac Mini or do I have to buy it separately and what is it called?

    Thanks so much!
  2. balamw Moderator


    Staff Member

    Aug 16, 2005
    New England
    Yes, the built-in Ethernet port should be all you need to hook up to your router. (Plus the cable of course ;) )

    The cable is an called Ethernet cable or patch cord. Sometimes it might be referred to as a CAT5 or CAT5e or RJ45 cable for the cable and connectors used respectively. I do not recall getting one with my iBook, so I doubt one is included with the mini.

  3. h0e0h macrumors 6502a


    Aug 30, 2004
    West Monroe, Louisiana
    it is not included with the mini
  4. Afro1989 thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Dec 16, 2005
    Thanks so much for your quick and friendly responses. I love this community! :)

    Thanks again guys.

Share This Page