Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theluggage

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2011
WWDC is about hardware issues half the time so it's not unlikely that mac mini could have come out with new form factor here.

If other hardware was announced & the mini was left out, I would believe it, but because there was no hardware announcement at all, I think there is still hope.

I have to agree unless a silent update happens. I'm just glad I got mine right after the last update came out

Mini isnt there just because its going to be a major revamp (Internally) :)

Any significant new Mac designs are almost certainly dependent on the new Intel Broadwell chips, and Intel has pushed those back to the end of this year.

There may be minor spec bumps before then, but they wouldn't warrant airtime at WWDC. (The Air has already had one, with virtually no fanfare).

Also, I'm sure Apple plan on waiting a bit longer to see how many more Mac Pros they can sell - now that they're becoming easily available - to people who don't really need Xeons or dual GPUs but still want a desktop.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
In Stalinist Russia, the absence of a government official from the May Day Parade viewing stand was considered significant. But a particular piece of hardware not present in a slide produced for a business conference????

Apple doesn't telegraph its punches. If a product is still available (as the Mini certainly is), they don't have people scurrying around Cupertino whispering, "Don't include that in your presentation slides, because it'll be going away." No, if they want to use it in a slide, they'll display it right up until the moment it disappears from the Apple Online Store.

Just as likely, the conversation in Cupertino went like this, "Let's take some of those products out of that slide - they're just cluttering-up the image, and add nothing to the message."

Now, what we do on this forum and what Kremlinologists did, back in the day, can be quite similar. But if you're going to engage in Apple-ology, you need a bit more than one or two questionable data points to produce a certificate of death.

Poetic justice? A presentation slide at the announcement of the next Mini quoting Mark Twain, "The reports of my demise are an exaggeration."

Well that started off odd. Never have I seen reference to Stalinist Russia just to make a point about the lack of alarm of the mac mini from a presentation slide. :)

brdeveloper

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
Brasil
Also, I'm sure Apple plan on waiting a bit longer to see how many more Mac Pros they can sell - now that they're becoming easily available - to people who don't really need Xeons or dual GPUs but still want a desktop.

This makes sense. Also, Mac Pros are largely subutilized with current software, so bringing a new Mini that benchmarks to 15000+ on Geekbench would probably attract some portion of potential Mac Pro buyers who don't care with the extra 10K points a nMP currently provides.

Meister

Suspended
Oct 10, 2013
Worst keynote ever...worse than the grip of death 20 minute keynote
.... awesome keynote with some new introductions where it really counts.

No new gadgets for the masses though. The :apple: lineup is pretty much perfect atm.
They dont need to throw out new devices if the ones already there are years ahead of the competition.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.