Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tom1502

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2006
Hi all MacUsers outta there!!!!

I am really really happy about bootcamp!
This has been the only reason preventing me from buying a mac(not to be able to use Windows).
Currently i am mostly workin with Linux and just use Win for some special apps(and games) on my Laptop.

Now i wonder how good the mac mini hardware is to run MediaPortal(mediaportal.sf.net) on it. A DX9 able graphics card is required...

has anyone tried it yet?!

Lollypop

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2004
Johannesburg, South Africa
Forgive me, but why exactly are you buying a mac? What applications do you run? I have used 2 media centre apps for the mac and both are great.

I got a mac for the mac OS, the ability to run windows is purely a perk, from your initial post I got the idea that you have no intention to run OS X.

tom1502

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2006
erm...
i plan to run OSX... do you use DVB-s?!
because i have seen centerstage, which could not convince me...

tell me what you have been using, and if you use DVB-s which what HW etc... i am happy about infos!
BTW.: i plan to buy a MBP to get rid of windows as workin platform, my problem is the missing experience with OSX!

Regards from Midrand! (till Wednesday)

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Isnt media portable available for mac anyway?

Oh wait, try 'Media Central' same kind of thing and will work great in your new mini mac, plus you get FrontRow as well.

Media Central allows TV tuners and works with the Apple remote control perfectly too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.