Mac mini preventing MBP from accessing airport network.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Hot Snowboarder, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Hot Snowboarder macrumors 6502

Guys I posted this question in another forum a few days ago and had no luck. I'll try again.

I have an airport network that shares my internet and HDD wirelessly with a mini and MBP. The MBP works fine until the mini joins the network. As soon as the mini is on, the MBP can no longer access the internet or HDD but remains connected to the network.

I have tried reseting and restarting in various ways. Have even reserved MAC address for both. Am using 'share a single IP address'.

Please please help.

2. stofferdk macrumors regular

You must excuse if I am asking basics - but I don't know how good you are with ip networking.

Are you using DHCP to share that one IP address you get from your ISP? If not, try.

3. Hot Snowboarder thread starter macrumors 6502

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

This may sound odd, can you check your login items on either system for Realplayer Downloader? If it's on either system, remove it, restart the computers, and try getting online again.

5. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

6. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

assign both computers with Static IPs that are different and try again, then come back to us with the news :)

also, make sure that the Mini or MBP doesnt have any sharing options (such as sharing internet or something) turned on in the system Prefs.

try pinging each machine + internet when they are on the network too.

7. Hot Snowboarder thread starter macrumors 6502

I had realplayer downloader on my MBP, i've re-installed it without the downloader agent. So far my network is working again!!!!! THANKYOU!!

What's the deal with that software?

Also another odd question, I have bootcamp on both my macs. On the MBP i just get the option of Macintosh HD or Windows, but on the mini there is a bar underneath those options to pick a wireless network from a drop down list. Why is this there? And why isn't it on my MBP?

8. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

glad you got it sorted, are they running different OS versions?

9. Hot Snowboarder thread starter macrumors 6502