Mac Mini Prices Reduced?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by finster, Jan 28, 2006.

  1. finster macrumors newbie

    Jan 28, 2006
    Hi all,

    I am contemplating whether to get a Mac Mini now or wait until the Intel version comes out (I'll probably wait).

    I was browsing the UK Apple Store late last night and noticed the prices had been dramatically reduced..

    1.25Ghz Combo £359 -> £287
    1.42Ghz Combo £429 ->£343
    1.42Ghz Superdrive £499 -> £399

    Even with the Intel change I was tempted at the reduction (20% off the top spec one), but when I have looked again this morning the prices are back up again. (I have a screenshot from last night so I'm not imagining things) Did anybody else notice this?

    If they are ready to reduce prices to presumably run down their stock, does this imply the Mac Mini is coming sooner than first thought?
  2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5


    Oct 11, 2004
    On the Left Coast - Victoria BC Canada
    Sure you dodn't wander into the Refurbished Store or the Education Store by accident?
  3. MacSA macrumors 68000


    Jun 4, 2003
  4. finster thread starter macrumors newbie

    Jan 28, 2006
    Yeah - looks like I could have done... I was looking at the emac (I didn't think anybody used CRT's any more!) and looks like I must have got into the education store from there.

    I've just tried getting in through the education link again, and got the same prices as last night!

    Sorry for the confusion! Shame - looks like I will wait for the Intel Mac Mini!
  5. paddy macrumors 6502a


    Jun 25, 2005
    I'm really annoyed with Apple. I was going to buy a Mac mini until they pushed their prices up by about €50 on each machine on the Irish Store. Looks like no Mac mini for me:(

Share This Page