Mac Mini Purchase!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by apatel87, Nov 22, 2009.

1. apatel87 macrumors regular

I have been figuring out all the details for using a Mac Mini as an HTPC and I am about to take the plunge. With Black Friday deals approaching I was wondering what the best deal for the new base model Mac Mini would be. I am a student in a tax free state so I can get it for $550 out the door with a free printer. I dont really care about the printer so was wondering if it was cheaper anywhere else. Thanks!

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

The Black Friday discounts are normally $101, EDU discounts normally result in $100.

We do have a guide chronicling the history of Apple's Black Friday.

This has also been discussed, a couple of times.

MacRumors will post the discounts for all retailers, including third-party such as MacMall and Powermax, which will likely have larger discounts then Apple.

Just in case the idea is thought of, you cannot combine discounts - so the $101 Apple normally does off on Black Friday will be the discount you would want to take advantage of.

3. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

You'll note that in previous Black Friday sales, the mini has never been discounted by Apple. Other retailers may discount but I have never seen it discounted.

Refurb for the 2.26GHz (if you can find it and snap it up before its gone) is about $450.

4. apatel87 thread starter macrumors regular

I have seen that price before. I wasnt sure if that was this new model's refurb because the stock RAM on that is only 1 gb while the new ones all have 2. Is this the upgrades previous generation?