mac mini query related to light gaming

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by vantheman5211, Jun 26, 2011.

1. vantheman5211 macrumors newbie

hello friends,
    i have been a mac user for the last one year and i am loving it.really like my 13 inch macbook pro and been satisfied by the product and especially the o.s.

i have recently started saving some money to buy a new desktop.i really like the mac mini and feel its a superb piece of hardware.most of my needs revolve around browsing and movies and i think the mac mini can more than handle that.

my query is regarding gaming.i am a avid football fan and i am a big fan of the game football manager 2011.currently i play it on the mbp2010 and it runs nicely.the main query i have is if i take a new mac mini which assuming it has a hd3000.will it handle fm2011 and eventually fm2012 on a 22 inch full hd monitor?

this is my only concern as the mac mini costs 1,066$ here in india with a keyboard and mouse and it would really suck if it doesnt handle such a light game.cheers

2. jakeosmith macrumors newbie

I have the 2009 version (I think) and it runs games just fine. I bet the 2010 version is even better.

3. vantheman5211 thread starter macrumors newbie

So you believe I should take the 2010 version? Are you sure it will run the next 2 fm's?

4. Rivanov macrumors member

FM is mostly about having enough RAM.
    So yeah, you can play it well on the Mac mini.