Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

direzz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 12, 2006
about to buy the core solo mac min, however i do have a few questions if you could help me out that would be great!

will my new mac mini be able to run some pro aps such as minor usage of photoshop and final cut pro?

how would i hook it up to my tv and does friont row allow me to record live tv?

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
direzz said:
about to buy the core solo mac min, however i do have a few questions if you could help me out that would be great!

will my new mac mini be able to run some pro aps such as minor usage of photoshop and final cut pro?

how would i hook it up to my tv and does friont row allow me to record live tv?

The stock core solo mini will not do a very good job of running non-native apps like Photoshop, due to the relatively low amount of RAM (512 minus 80 for graphics). I'm not sure if Final Cut Pro will run at all under Rosetta (i.e. non-natively) on any Intel Mac.

Front Row does not allow you to record TV. In order to output to your TV, you have to buy a DVI to Video adapter, assuming your TV doesn't have a DVI input.

skubish

macrumors 68030
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
admanimal said:
The stock core solo mini will not do a very good job of running non-native apps like Photoshop, due to the relatively low amount of RAM (512 minus 80 for graphics). I'm not sure if Final Cut Pro will run at all under Rosetta (i.e. non-natively) on any Intel Mac.

Front Row does not allow you to record TV. In order to output to your TV, you have to buy a DVI to Video adapter, assuming your TV doesn't have a DVI input.
There is no way Final Cut Pro is running on that machine with that
graphics chip.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.