mac mini question

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by bamabudman, Jun 17, 2009.

1. bamabudman macrumors newbie

I am intersested in buying a new mac mini but dont where to start from. any help on getting the best price and other help would greatly appreciated. i dont have much money since im in college.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

:confused::confused::confused: Can you be a little more specific? Best prices are in MacMall or other reseller but buying directly from Apple is safest way.

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Apple Education Store. You can get a free printer.
    Amazon. You don't get a printer, but the price is close to what you'd get if you sold the printer.

I hope you have a monitor, keyboard, and mouse.

4. bamabudman thread starter macrumors newbie

i have a 50 in plasma i want to hook the mini up to. i would like for the mini to be a back-up. i just need alittle information and a good reason to get one.

5. wetrix macrumors 6502

wetrix

Keep in mind that TV's don't make good monitors. Is your plasma 1080p?

A lot of people here use them as home theatre PCs/media centers. Using Frontrow or Plex, they offer a very cheap and advanced system for organising digital media.

In terms of use as a personal computer, the mini is ideal if you already have a monitor, mouse and keyboard. Otherwise, an iMac is probably a better option in terms of value.

6. bamabudman thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes it is 1080p. It would be just used to do basic stuff when I was home it will be for light use and stuff like that.