Mac Mini RAM Being Eaten

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by AWP X, Aug 4, 2008.

1. AWP X macrumors newbie

ok so this happen about maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago, when I downloaded a new security Update and when I turned my computer back on after the download it was running VERY slow and I was just thinking it was because of the heat. so about 2 days of Cool air I turn it back on and it ran even slower and I went to look at my RPM on my Mini it and was MAXED OUT at full from JUST turning on my computer. is there something I should get rid of or upgrade to?

anything would help me out alot thxs guys

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Not possible to give an opinion - we don't have enough information.

OSX usually puts all of the RAM to use, don't stress out about what Active Wired Inactive and Free mean. Let OSX do its memory management.

You may have a problem, but that isn't it. Can you look at Activity Monitor and see what processes are running?

Are you sure it's not Spotlight indexing or TimeMachine slowing the machine down?

3. AWP X thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm running off Tiger and I don't know what the deal with it is, this is what it says when I look and not that much is runing but if I open up my other apps such as Team speak or iChat it just seems to run like the old black and white Dial up only computers and I have to wait 5 mins for a page to load like my e mail or something.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files: