Mac Mini sale $299.95

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by Rallybrick, May 31, 2015.

1. Rallybrick macrumors member

Curacao have a special on the MGEM2LL/A, 1.4GHZ/4GB/500GB expires Monday June 1.

2. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

Could you post a link? I don't see that on the site.

3. Rallybrick thread starter macrumors member

They don't have any information on the website, I saw a TV commercial that it was on sale. I tried calling them to confirm however that only resulted in a message system and I was not able to talk to a person.

I decided to take a chance an went to the store in Panorama City.
    They had it in stock, it was fun to see the computer screen flash yellow and say it was below purchase price.

The clerk ignored the warning and sold it for $326.95 including CA tax.

4. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

Glad you got it! I'm on the East Coast, so in-store would not be an option for me. Just purchased a mid-range Mac mini with SSD and 8GB RAM about a week ago and love it. But if I could create a fusion drive with an external SSD at this price point it might be something to consider. Or even just as a second machine. Although the 4GB RAM does worry me.

5. Rallybrick thread starter macrumors member

Thanks.
    I use SSD's in all my Mac's and PC so this one will converted to, I haven't decided if it will be 2.5" or Apple stick.
    I thought I would wait for Skylake however this deal was to good to pass up.

6. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

Wow, that was an amazing deal! I would have bought one at that price, but there are none of those stores anywhere close to where I live :(

7. bap3221, Jun 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2015

bap3221 macrumors member

logo_giant2.jpg la-curacao_logo_1690.jpeg
    Im gonna be honest, I have lived in socal for 5 years and I thought curacao was a grocery store. The logo reminds me of giant, a popular grocery store in maryland, so I confused it. Lol. Only up until I saw an ad I got by mail that it sells electronics. I might check it out today.

I go to fryes and sometimes bestbuy because fryes is far.

Man if this deal was still on, I mightve been interested but just shelled 550 on a macbook air 2013.

8. Jozone macrumors 6502

Whoa that is a great price! Anyone think it would have been a worthwhile upgrade from a Mid 2010 with 8gb ram and 256 SSD? The only thing that is alluring is the TB2.