Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MyopicPaideia

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
Sweden
Have a 2010 Mac Mini Server 4 GB RAM 2.66 Ghz running OSX Server 10.6.7.

Ever since I purchased in February 2011, the machine has had skipping audio regardless of the source - You Tube or other internet streaming, local quick time movie playback, i-tunes, you name it - it has audio skipping and stuttering.

I also have two 2nd Gen Apple TV's that run via Home Share from this Mac Mini. There are no audio problems when the Apple TV's playback movies or music. Perfect playback.

My Mac Mini is connected to my LCD TV directly via HDMI. Have tried various different resolutions. Is this a driver problem with the Mac Mini, an interface problem with the HDMI, or what?* It is a very annoying problem that ruins the Mac experience for a family that has just cast off Windows completely to go Mac!

Please help!

Wondering if this could be a PAL/NTSC problem. I am an American living in Sweden and purchased the Mac Mini in the US while on vacation. The PAL 50 Mhz setting is greyed out in the display preferences. Could this be a part of the culprit?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.