Mac mini server 2010 broken, needs repair

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by rosindabow, Mar 3, 2014.

1. rosindabow, Mar 3, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2014

rosindabow macrumors newbie

Hello, any recommendations as to where to get my 2010 Mac mini server repaired? It is officially out of warranty, though this issue began while under warranty, and I did call Apple about it. Basically, I didn't use it for about 2 years and I believe the battery went dead. It would just stop working then I could turn it back on and it would be fine ... I posted on Apple Discussions and had plenty of feedback. It truly seemed to be just the battery issue. Then, last night, while backing it up, it just stopped and began beeping at me, a single beep every couple of seconds. I looked around online and saw a couple of posts about the battery. I thought, okay, I'm pretty good with working on my Mac Pro, how hard could this be. Well, I ended up pulling two of the connecting wires to the hard drive thermal sensor out of their connector ... so I stopped. Plus I read a bit more of the instructions and it suggested that it might be easier if I had this mac mini repair kit which had to small diameter rods to insert into these two holes to make it easy to pull the motherboard ... Suffice it to say, I gave up. I put it back together as best as I could, including pushing those two cables back into their connector, and closed her up. So, now I need a place that will repair my mini server and replace the battery. I'm still convinced that that is all it ever was. Any ideas? I'm in southern California. Thanks.

2. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

Find an Apple authorized service center. I found good ones in GA and FL and they charge by the hour. Usually about $75-$85 per plus any parts.

Cheers,