Mac mini server (mid 2011) display question?

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by cubex, Oct 31, 2011.

1. cubex macrumors member

Will this be able to output to two 1080p monitors at the same time? My research has indicated that it will, through the HDMI -> DVI adapter and a Mini DisplayPort -> DVI adapter.

Furthermore, will it be able to output to one of monitors in landscape mode and the other in portrait mode? Just checking because I know it only has an Intel HD3000 graphics chip..

2. Detrius macrumors 68000

I don't see why it wouldn't be able to. Macs have been able to do multi-monitor output by default since about the iBook G4.

That is, it'll definitely be able to drive two monitors, and it seems nuts that it wouldn't be able to do one of them in portrait mode.

3. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

I am currently running one landscape and one portrait 1080p monitors on the 2011 mini server. One hdmi out to hdmi, and the other thunderbolt (mini dp) to dvi. It works awesome, there are no lags in graphics even displaying two separate hd movies one on each screen simultaneously. I am not a gamer.. but in all other aspects of mac computing I find no shortcomings in the HD3000 integrated graphics including final cut X and handbrake..