Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mafy005

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
Chicago
Hey everyone out there! So I am very new with the Mac community so I apologize firsthand on any stupidity for not knowing jack about the Mac world. I just recently bought a Mac Mini 1.25GHz 1GB RAM 40GB w/Leopard. I have a keyboard, screen, and mouse from my old Compaq PC, but I was wondering how to hook it all up. Do I need a converter for the keyboard and mouse? Is there a serial hookup for the screen on the mini? Sorry for being so stupid, but I'm really needing some help. Thanks a ton!

-Miles R. Maftean

mafy005

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
Chicago
Both the keyboard and the mouse are not USB. How much am I looking at to convert the two? And what about the monitor?

trek1500

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2008
Sugar Land, Texas
Get the Apple keyboard..it's worth the investment for the command keys alone! Plus it has 2 USB 2.0 connectors on either side...

It's a bargain in my opinion!

ADent

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2007
Can't stand the Apple keyboards.

I have a nice MS keyboard that came with Mac drivers (so I can use and assign the extra keys and such).

G5power

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2005
As previously stated you will need a PS2 to USB adapter to convert your keyboard and mouse to plug into the mini.

For the video you will need a VGA to DVI adapter.

Both types of adapters can be found at most computer shops and stores like Best Buy and MicroCenter.

Good luck and be sure and post any questions on here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.