mac mini setups

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by jortymor, Mar 11, 2010.

1. jortymor macrumors member

I am thinking of getting a mac mini and use my Samsung 40 inch LCD TV as the monitor. I am just wondering what setups people are using in regards to the keyboard and mouse. I know it has to be wireless, what are people using for desks and how are the wireless connections with the USB in the back of the mini?

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Get an Apple Bluetooth Keyboard and Magic Mouse combo.

3. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

I like either the Apple mouse and keyboard combo (latest). Or a nice logtech mouse and a low profile keyboard:D Thats similar to the Apple ones, but I prefer them to the Apple ones sometimes. Try them out on a iMac in an Apple store to see if the Apple mouse and keyboard are right for you. (The current Apple keyboard is similar to the laptop keyboard by the way...)

Good luck!:cool:

4. Gordy macrumors 6502a

I'm using the magic mouse and apple wireless keyboard. I had a logitech mx rev before that, but I prefer the mighty mouse.

5. steve16 macrumors newbie

Another option

....might be worth looking at Iphone apps, thats of course if you have an iphone.
    There are a few apps ie Air Mouse, Rowmote,Ajax Remote.

:confused::confused:

6. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Wow, how does that work?

7. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

Airmouse is a great app for only a few bucks, made by Logitech.

Works really well actually. I love it.

8. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

I use a wireless Apple keyboard (slim aluminum one) and wireless Mighty Mouse. They work great together as a package and fit anywhere like a night stand or coffee table.

That iPhone app seems really cool. Are there any free ones? I was thinking about buying the new Apple remote but the iPhone may suffice.

9. jayducharme macrumors 68030

jayducharme

I think this is where I'll be heading too, especially if the rumored HDMI port appears on the Mini. Even if the port doesn't materialize, I got a DVI-HDMI cable from Amazon for 69 cents, and it works great.

I already have a Magic Mouse for my Macbook, and it's the best mouse I've ever used. So I'll stick with that. And I've gotten used to my Macbook's smaller keyboard, so the Apple wireless will work fine for me. I have the NumPad app for my iPhone, and that helps when I need to balance my checkbook, etc. The Mini on an HDTV just could be the ultimate computer setup! :)