Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
Crap, I just ordered one on Friday. Powermax says if it's at the BTO stage and they update it, BTO customers get the new ones first.

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2005
Maine
The thing is to remember here guys, is that the mac mini was shipping later all over the world except here in the US until today...soo...odds are the same could happen with the iBook.

MUCKYFINGERS

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2005
CA
ITASOR said:
Yeah but it might already ship by Tuesday!

Even so, I think the current 12" iBooks are nice already.

If you get one of the current iBooks, hey, you still get a kickass and sleek machine.

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
MUCKYFINGERS said:
Even so, I think the current 12" iBooks are nice already.

If you get one of the current iBooks, hey, you still get a kickass and sleek machine.

or Don't open it until mid-next week, and then you would qualify for a full refund? Or still a restocking fee?

blenderdude

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2005
As I said in the mac mini update thread, I think that within a couple days *stock* ibooks will get 5-7 days shipping, indicating an update soon.

Don't freak out guys! Remember, the mini also had 1 day shipping for stock, until yesterday :)

spacefreak4

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2005
Virginia
I want to be optimistic that the new Mac minis and the iBooks will come out soon, but how often in the last few weeks have the shipping times increased (except for iPods) only to have nothing happen? I'm actually starting to loose hope that they will come out sometime soon, or at least early enough as not to be too new by the time that the Mactel comes. So, my guess is that this is just a delay in shipping, as we have seen before.

Of course, the last time I said something similar to this was when the iPod shipping time went up, but the next day, there they were...

ariechel

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2005
AppleInsider: "Apple to clear out current Mac minis..."

According to AppleInsider, Apple is using Overstock.com to clear out its inventory of Mac Minis.

Taken together with the extended shipping times for Mac Minis and historical precedent, this development adds to the evidence that Mac Minis will soon be updated. Prior to the merging of iPod lines on June 15, Apple had been in talks with Overstock.com to clear its iPod inventory.

June 2: Apple in talks with Overstock.com to clear iPod inventory
June 15: iPod lines merged
July 20: Apple decides to clear Mac Mini inventory through Overstock.com
late July/early August: Mac Mini update?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.