Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

inmnbob

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 6, 2014
Chicago and Twin Cities
If there is anyone with a 2018 Mac mini in this group that has Logic Pro I would appreciate if you would try something for me.

I tried to use Side Car yesterday with my Mini and iPad Pro and it kept crashing Logic Pro. The transfer from the Mac to the iPad works but when i try to transfer control back to the Mac Logic Pro crashes. This doesn't happen when using Side Car on any other application on the Mini and same iPad. ( I also tried a second iPad). The side car feature did work on my 2018 MacBook which as the same software/plugins etc.

So far i have reinstalled MacOs and reinstalled Logic Pro too but it didn't work. I called Apple Care but they tried to reset PRAM and had me set up a dummy account but that didn't work either.

I am wondering if it is my system or a Logic Pro/Mac Mini issue. I did notice that since Catalina my screen does flash black after it wakes from sleep but otherwise is working well.

Thanks-_Bob

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.