Mac Mini slippery bottom. Solutions?

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by belltree, Nov 4, 2014.

1. belltree macrumors 6502

I just bought my second Mac Mini (2012 model) last week. My previous Mini was a 2009 model which had the rubber bottom.

Now I see that the current form factor has a solid plastic bottom which is quite slippery. I am sure there are stories of Mac Mini's flying off of desks.

I'm just curious what everyone does with their Mini's to prevent them from sliding around. Do you apply a rubber adhesive to the bottom or just leave it as is?

2. danny_w macrumors 601

I bought a vertical stand for mine because of the slippry bittom and to also save desk space. Works for me.

3. willrun4fun macrumors member

I set mine on some black drawer liner material. It is a grippy rubber. It comes in rolls so you will get way more than you need though.

4. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

I found some cheap drawer liner at a dollar store. Interesting stuff to have around, so having extra material is not a real problem (at least for me :D )
    You could use just about anything that is relatively thin, and grips the bottom.

5. chrfr macrumors 603

I bought some cheap self adhesive rubber/plastic feet and mounted them on the black plastic.

6. BJonson macrumors 6502a

BJonson

Rubber adhesive feet from target or walmart. Works great.