Mac Mini to MacBook Air .. Anyone made the change?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by VanBashted, Aug 29, 2013.

1. VanBashted macrumors member

VanBashted

Hi All

I've had my Mac Mini for around 15 months now (was my first Mac) and I've really enjoyed using it, the transition from windows was easy and I'm so glad i made the change.

As I'm sure with most, i now feel i want more so I'm looking at purchasing a MacBook Air. I'd be keeping my 24" monitor to hook the Air up to if needed (well thats the plan).

I was just wondering if anyone else had made a similar change and whether they regretted it, pros and cons of the move etc.

Any advise appreciated

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Your experience will be pretty much the same with either one, with the added advantage of the MBA being portable.

3. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Since you are keeping your monitor, the experience will be similar. What are you planning for keyboard and mouse? If you keep those three the same, the experience will be identical, except for any performance difference and whether you are changing your OS X version. You might want to consider a stand. I use this one with my Thunderbolt display and I keep my MBA open so I have a dual screen situation. Very convenient.