Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dave.C

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2005
OC, Cali
I have a Mac mini and live in the UK but I`m moving to the US in few months time, what would I need to use the Mac over there ? a US power supply or would i be best to backup my hard drive, sell my mini and buy one over there ?

Thanks
Dave

mklos

macrumors 68000
Dec 4, 2002
My house!
There may be an adapter that goes from UK to US electric. Otherwise you can call Apple and see if they will ship you a US Power Cord (assuming that the connector that goes into the Mac Mini is the same as the US version). You will most likely have to pay for that power cable, but I wouldn't think it would be that expensive. Its certainly less than buying another Mac Mini.

tom_s

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2005
The powersupply works with 220 V/50 Hz (Europe) and 110 V/60 Hz (US), so all you need for your Mac mini is a new power cable (5 $?). Of course you also have to check your Monitor.

Danksi

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson, BC. Canada
Seems like the Power issues are covered. You may also want to double-check with Apple that it would still be covered by the Apple UK warranty, in the US.

crazzyeddie

macrumors 68030
Dec 7, 2002
Florida, USA
tom_s said:
The powersupply works with 220 V/50 Hz (Europe) and 110 V/60 Hz (US), so all you need for your Mac mini is a new power cable (5 $?). Of course you also have to check your Monitor.

$5 from most... $25 from Apple.

Dave.C

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2005
OC, Cali
Thanks for your help guys, seems pretty simple then just get power cable :)

I'll give Apple a call about warranty.

Dave

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.