Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gizmo22

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 22, 2009
Midwest USA
Currently have an early 2013, 13" Retina Macbook Pro with 2.6/8GB/256GB. Warranty has expired.

After looking to get rid of it on the local classifieds, I was offered a late 2012 Mac Mini with 2.5 GHz chip and non-OEM parts consisting of 16GB memory and a 256GB SSD. The original memory and HDD are not included.

Can anyone offer up what they feel is a fair amount of cash for me to resell the system for so that I can decide how much money I ought to be asking for on top? Additionally, my biggest concern is the risk of a Mac Mini refresh next week - is this just a foolish idea altogether, or are there any redeeming qualities?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), and Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc. You can also check the Apple refurbished store to see what similar models are selling for.

JohnPi314

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2014
California
Currently have an early 2013, 13" Retina Macbook Pro with 2.6/8GB/256GB. Warranty has expired.

After looking to get rid of it on the local classifieds, I was offered a late 2012 Mac Mini with 2.5 GHz chip and non-OEM parts consisting of 16GB memory and a 256GB SSD. The original memory and HDD are not included.

Can anyone offer up what they feel is a fair amount of cash for me to resell the system for so that I can decide how much money I ought to be asking for on top? Additionally, my biggest concern is the risk of a Mac Mini refresh next week - is this just a foolish idea altogether, or are there any redeeming qualities?

You might want to try jaybrokers or powermax

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.