Mac Mini video memory question

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by Keleko, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Keleko macrumors 68000

Let's say you get the base new Mac Mini, which says 128MB of video memory available. Upgrade that to 2GB does that bump the video memory available up to 256MB?

http://www.apple.com/macmini/specs.html

That implies it does, but I'm wanting to know for sure.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. belvdr macrumors 601

Also clearly stated at the bottom:

I don't think it's a video memory upgrade. That's why the numerical superscript is at the end of those specs.

4. jw2002 macrumors 6502

Yes, provided that both memory slots are filled. Also, by upgrade I assume you mean adding memory, not buying the pricier mini.

5. Keleko thread starter macrumors 68000

Yes, that means add memory without buying the more expensive Mini.

6. And macrumors 6502

And

Hi, yes, I'm trying to find out the answer to this question too! The specs are as you have pointed out ambiguous, the footnote seems to imply that a 2gb base model will use 256.... but I've talked to the sales people and they aren't so sure...

I'm not sure what to do, I'd like to buy but I want to have unambiguous information at my fingertips to make an informed decision!

7. TrapOx macrumors 6502

We'll have to wait until somebody has one in their hands to find out. Hopefully adding a 1GB stick automatically increases the VRAM usage. I'd hate to pay the extra $200 for so little an upgrade, if only they used the 2.26ghz cpu has the "high-end" mini.