Mac Mini vs 2010 MBP

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by guywithaproblem, May 27, 2011.

1. guywithaproblem macrumors newbie

Which one of these is better? and what are the differences between these two macs?

2. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

Assuming that you're talking about the 13" 2010 MBP, they're both essentially the same system inside. Same CPU, same GPU, same everything.

Differences? Well, one's a desktop and one's a laptop. The mini has double the USB ports (4) as well as an HDMI port. Other than the obvious things that come with a laptop vs. a desktop, they're pretty much the same. Like I said, computationally, they're identical.

3. guywithaproblem thread starter macrumors newbie

but will the mac mini be better overall or will the macbook be better overall?

4. D4F Guest

D4F

Do you need portability? Do you watch movies? Do you have external monitor?

What you need it for is the question you should ask yourself.

I got my mini hooked up to a 21" screen and love it. Don't need portability and I hate glossy screens.

5. guywithaproblem thread starter macrumors newbie

i have the apple 27 ciema display and have a macbook pro 15 inch at home. But you could still say the mac mini is portable because its small and i can (with the right cables) connect it to any monitor and hdmi tv

6. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

Want a laptop? Get the MacBook Pro.

Want a desktop? Get the Mac mini.

7. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

I really don't understand these lines of questions. How would other people know if a desktop or a laptop is better for you? and you're really asking what the differences are between the two? really?