Mac Mini vs. Macbook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by skins0304, Feb 17, 2008.

1. skins0304 macrumors newbie

I've decided to use a little bit of extra money I've made to buy a new Mac.

I had G4 iBook which died last year (from guess what? the logic board dying), and I miss having a laptop.

However, I have a great monitor for my desktop, so the headless Mac Mini looks good as well.

What I'm wondering is, what is the performance difference between the two? I'm looking to use it for some simple music production... and may eventually scale up into pro tools. Anyone have experiences using pro tools on a mini or a macbook? Or both?

I really should get a Macbook Pro, but just really don't have the money for it.

2. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

macbook is faster and you can use it as a desktop with an external monitor just as well as the mini.

3. JosephEsquivel macrumors regular

I have a macbook, and i have a monitor, keyboard an dmouse all setup so i just need to plug it in when im home, everywhere else i use it as normal. I think this is the best setup, cause you never know when youll wanna take it out of the house.

to me, portability is the best option.

4. skins0304 thread starter macrumors newbie

Can a macbook with bluetooth use an external bluetooth keyboard?

5. California macrumors 68040

California

Yes on the Macbook with bluetooth and what did you do with your dead iBook? I need a couple of parts. Thanks

6. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Macbook, easy. The portability makes it worth it. Surfing the net from your bed? Can't be beat.